Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/08/27 13:52:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 15

This is our first voting candidate for the release of Apache NetBeans 15.

Please note all requirements below for validating sources and
convenience binaries before voting.

Apache NetBeans 15 constitutes all clusters in the Apache NetBeans Git
repository, which together provide the NetBeans Platform (i.e., the
underlying application framework), as well as all the modules that
provide the Java SE, Java EE, PHP, JavaScript and Groovy features of
Apache NetBeans.

------------------------

Build artefacts are available here :

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/15/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/15/

They were built by the Jenkins pipeline :

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release150/16/

------------------------

We are primarily voting on :

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/15/netbeans-15-source.zip

SHA512 : 47361b9931e4ad25e75b9a47469aa76e294dfee3ae3c8ebb9c7fd2756d383fb65d8d805a5cfccb4128af37515c68b6d167dfd572e5ed905c86e1275fc0ba50eb

KEYS file : https://downloads.apache.org/netbeans/KEYS

------------------------

Associated with the primary source item we have, generated with the
pipeline mentioned above :

-- at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/15/

Binaries associated with the source - netbeans-15-bin.zip as well as
update content under the nbms folder.

-- at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/15/

The platform cluster build netbeans-platform-15-bin.zip and
netbeans-platform-15-source.zip

------------------------

Maven Artefacts

The Maven artefacts for Apache NetBeans 15 will be included in a
separate, related, vote.

------------------------

Voting Requirements

Before voting +1 you are required to download the signed source code
package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on
your own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets
the requirements of the ASF policy on releases -
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#management

In particular, you should (at least) follow these steps.

1. Download the artefact to be voted on and unzip it.
2. Check that the artefact does not contain any jar files (there are
branding folders with the name *.jar).
3. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file
4. Build it using the README provided by the artefact.
5. Look in nbbuild/netbeans for the NetBeans installation created by
the build process and try running it.

In addition to checking the sources, you should check the associated
convenience binary zips and nbms at the artefact links above. As well
as checking any artefact functions correctly, you should check that it
has been correctly signed by a PMC member, and that the source being
voted on is sufficient to build the relevant binary.

Separate votes will be held on other convenience binaries, including
installers. Those will be dependent on this vote passing.

This vote is going to be open at least 72 hours, vote with +1, 0, and
-1 as usual. (Please justify -1)

Please mark your vote with (binding) only if you're an Apache NetBeans
PMC member to help with voting admin.

Only respond if you are going to vote, i.e., this is NOT a discussion thread.

Apache NetBeans 15 will be released if and when this vote passes.

Thank you to all contributors for all your hard work!

Best wishes,

Neil, Eric, Geertjan and Martin
Apache NetBeans release team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 15

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 at 19:00, Glenn Holmer <ce...@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> Checked sha512sums and crypto sigs (Neil, has your key expired?)

Please make sure you've imported the current KEYS file before
validating.  The key was extended a few months back.  If still an
issue, email me directly.

Thanks,

Neil

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 15

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified SHA512 and key (bin and src)

Verified GPG Signature - ok, but key has expired it seems

Downloaded voting artefact and successfully built and ran with the
following.

java -version
openjdk 17.0.4 2022-07-19 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.36+13-CA (build 17.0.4+8-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu17.36+13-CA (build 17.0.4+8-LTS, mixed mode,
sharing)

Thanks a lot - great work

Sven

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 10:33 AM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> [...]
> > > convenience binary zips and nbms at the artefact links above. As well
> > > as checking any artefact functions correctly, you should check that it
> > > has been correctly signed by a PMC member, and that the source being
> > > voted on is sufficient to build the relevant binary.
> > >
> > > Separate votes will be held on other convenience binaries, including
> > > installers. Those will be dependent on this vote passing.
> > >
> > > This vote is going to be open at least 72 hours, vote with +1, 0, and
> > > -1 as usual. (Please justify -1)
> > >
> > > Please mark your vote with (binding) only if you're an Apache NetBeans
> > > PMC member to help with voting admin.
> > >
> > > Only respond if you are going to vote, i.e., this is NOT a discussion
> > thread.
> > >
> > > Apache NetBeans 15 will be released if and when this vote passes.
> > >
> > > Thank you to all contributors for all your hard work!

Sven Reimers

* Java Champion
* Apache NetBeans PMC: http://netbeans.apache.org
* JUG Leader JUG Bodensee: https://www.meetup.com/JUG-Bodensee
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009 & 2018

* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 15

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ku...@webnetproject.com>.
+1  (non binding)

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

And closing the vote.

Thanks all,

Neil

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Eric

Posted by ehsavoie <em...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

  - hashes match
  - zip contents look fine to me
  - builds on JDK 17 / fedora
basic test run:
  - config import
  - reusing big maven projects

all worked.
----------

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by constantin drabo <dr...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Openjdk11, Openjdk 17
Mac OS 12.5

Constantin

?? La Terre est le berceau de l'humanit??, mais on ne passe pas sa vie enti??re dans un berceau. ??
- Constantin????E. Tsiolkovski , p??re de l'astronautique?? et de l'a??rospatiale modernes.
________________________________
Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [External] : [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 15

Posted by Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com>.
+1 (binding)

Sources downloaded.
SHA512 and Signature are OK.
Built using JDK11
Run on GraalVM EE 22.2 JDK17
created/opened few projects, build and debug. All works

Martin

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Downloaded, built sources, ran successfully
- Checked for JAR files
- Verify NOTICE and LICENSE files
- Verify cryptographic signature

*Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 15

*Java:* 11.0.14.1; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.14.1+1-LTS

*Runtime:* OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.14.1+1-LTS

*System:* Mac OS X version 12.5 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

Great work!

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
Apress Author <https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=juneau>

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

  - hashes match
  - zip contents look fine to me
  - builds and runs on JDK 17 and 18 / linux
basic test run:
  - config import
  - new maven project (repo indexing etc)

all worked.