Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jonathan <jo...@netscape.net> on 2012/06/21 10:47:16 UTC

crash reporter question

I recently experienced a situation where OpenOffice froze completely
(not even responding to mouse clicks) after I gave the command to print
(ctrl-P).  I used ctrl-alt-delete to end the application, and then I
immediately reopened it.  There was no need to recover the document (I
had not made changes since last saving it), but I followed the
document-recovery dialog anyway because I wanted to get to the crash
reporter.

But after completing the document recovery, only the first screen of
the crash-reporter wizard showed up.  When I closed the already-saved
document and clicked "next" in the crash-reporting wizard, the wizard
went away.  Is there a way to submit the incident to the
crash-reporting database manually?  (This computer is running Windows
Vista, 32-bit version, service pack 2.  I have attached a copy of the
report that was generated by the Windows Problem Reports and Solutions
tool.)

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: crash reporter question

Posted by Robert Macpherson <rj...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your info.
I have had a long day for a 70 yr old I will try your recommendation tomorrow while I am fresher. I am doing a case manager course and it took me over 2 weeks to be able to log into the college and on to my site. My knowledge of computers is very limited as I did not get mixed up with them until 2001 so I appreciate all the assistance I receive
Thank you Rob

Sent from my iPhone