Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Edell Nolan <ed...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 16:55:08 UTC

SOAP RPC Style with Multiple parts doesnt work using the Cxfbc and Cxfse components.

Hi,

I am using the latest on the 3.2.2 branch and with jdk 1.5 and OS is Windows
XP.

I have deployed a service into servicemix and then run my CXF Consumer
externally.

My use case uses SOAP Binding  Style RPC. When I attempt to do this - it
appears
there are a number of bugs in the CXF BC and CXF -SE component.

My wsdl that I generate has two parts for my Response - in that it returns
an object
and updates another value as its an inout.

When I invoke my operation it complains about missing parts. So it appears
that the issues
are in the following classes.

CXF BC:

The JBIWSDLOutInterceptor doesn't cater for having multiple parts.

The JBIWSDLInInterceptor - matches all on the QName - I think you should
only need to match based
on the localName.

CXF SE:

The JBIOutWrapperInterceptor - is looking for the objects based on the wrong
index. CXF uses the part index.
There was also a bug in this area in CXF and Dan Kulp applied my patch. But
it also appears
here.

CXF issue was :

This is now on the CXF 2.0.x latest branch.

I have a test case and fixes for all of the above and will provide a patch.

Should I create one jira issue or one each for each of the components ?

thanks, Edell.

Re: SOAP RPC Style with Multiple parts doesnt work using the Cxfbc and Cxfse components.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Edell Nolan <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am using the latest on the 3.2.2 branch and with jdk 1.5 and OS is Windows
>  XP.
>
>  I have deployed a service into servicemix and then run my CXF Consumer
>  externally.
>
>  My use case uses SOAP Binding  Style RPC. When I attempt to do this - it
>  appears
>  there are a number of bugs in the CXF BC and CXF -SE component.
>
>  My wsdl that I generate has two parts for my Response - in that it returns
>  an object
>  and updates another value as its an inout.
>
>  When I invoke my operation it complains about missing parts. So it appears
>  that the issues
>  are in the following classes.
>
>  CXF BC:
>
>  The JBIWSDLOutInterceptor doesn't cater for having multiple parts.
>
>  The JBIWSDLInInterceptor - matches all on the QName - I think you should
>  only need to match based
>  on the localName.
>

>  CXF SE:
>
>  The JBIOutWrapperInterceptor - is looking for the objects based on the wrong
>  index. CXF uses the part index.
>  There was also a bug in this area in CXF and Dan Kulp applied my patch. But
>  it also appears
>  here.
>
>  CXF issue was :
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1444
>
>  This is now on the CXF 2.0.x latest branch.
>

>  I have a test case and fixes for all of the above and will provide a patch.
>
>  Should I create one jira issue or one each for each of the components ?

Great assessment above. Please create multiple JIRA issues as it seems
to be multiple problems in different components.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/