Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Miller, John" <jm...@litle.com> on 2006/01/25 14:48:54 UTC

pageTrail component

Does anyone know of a component that keeps track of the trail of pages
you've been to as to be able to traverse back. I recall seeing a thread
on this months ago, but cannot find it. We have an immediate need for
this component, so if one doesn't exist I plan on writing one over the
next few weeks (once its complete I am happy to donate it)

Ideally I want to component to work something like this:

<!-Standard Display

Page 1 > Page 2

-->

<x:pageTrail name="page2"/>

<!-Custom Display

<< Back

 -->

<x:pageTrail name="page1"/>

            <t:outputText value="<< Back"/>

</x:pageTrail>

The component will keep a stack of viewIds to generate the back links

If I need to develop this component:

Open to any suggestions on functionality

Also, Question: can someone tell me the correct place to store the stack
(I am somewhat new to writing custom components)

NOTICE:  This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is for the use of the addressee only. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged information belonging to Litle & Co. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message.  If you believe you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system and notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail.  Thank you.