Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2016/01/26 21:20:31 UTC

dates for ApacheCon Europe 2016?

are there any dates planned for ApacheCon Europe 2016 yet? i've found no information on http://apachecon.com/ or in the linked wiki.

i'm part of the organization team of the http://adapt.to conference in berlin (about Apache Sling+related projects), and last year we hit exactly the same week as ApacheCon which was unfortunate for attendees interested in both events. we have to fix the dates for our own conference for 2016 soon.

stefan

RE: dates for ApacheCon Europe 2016?

Posted by Marguerite Arnold <ma...@gmail.com>.
Find me colour settings for my message box

Margie S Arnold

Posted by Abdo Lwafi <lw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
No. I'll announce on all relevant lists as soon as I know anything.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Done. Thanks for the heads up.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Melissa Warnkin
<mi...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...I've added this to the events calendar as "tentative" - just so it's out there for
> folks to look for a possible conflict!...

It looks like http://adapt.to/is now confirmed for September 26th-28,
could you update that in the calendar at
http://community.apache.org/calendars/conferences.htmlplease?

Thanks in advance,
-Bertrand

Re: dates for ApacheCon Europe 2016?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Melissa,

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 01/26/2016 03:20 PM, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> are there any dates planned for ApacheCon Europe 2016 yet? i've found no information on http://apachecon.com/ or in the linked wiki.
>
> i'm part of the organization team of the http://adapt.to conference in berlin (about Apache Sling+related projects), and last year we hit exactly the same week as ApacheCon which was unfortunate for attendees interested in both events. we have to fix the dates for our own conference for 2016 soon.

Unfortunately, we do not yet have a date confirmed for ApacheCon Europe.
We do plan to do one, but the details are somewhat up in the air right
now. I hope to have a more firm answer in this in late February.

I will, however, make sure that your event is on the list of
do-not-conflict events when we are finalizing that date. I can't
*guarantee* no conflict, of course, but we'll try.

Thanks

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon