Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dean Baldwin <de...@red.net> on 2005/07/13 10:06:45 UTC

Adding "information" messages to SPAM

Hi,

I am currently running Spamassassin with Postfix and Clamav. Everything
is working well but I would like to see whether the following is
possible and how to go about it.

At the moment we send all SPAM messages onto the recipient with the
subject line flagged as SPAM and this works well. However, we have had a
couple of false positives that I would like to be made aware of.

Is there anyway of placing a message - say at the top of the mail -
stating that if this message has been incorrectly flagged as SPAM then
please let us know. Is there any way of doing this with Spamassassin? I
only want to flag those reported as SPAM though.

Many thanks,
Dean

Re: Adding "information" messages to SPAM

Posted by Duncan Hill <sa...@nacnud.force9.co.uk>.
On Wednesday 13 July 2005 09:06, Dean Baldwin typed:

> Is there anyway of placing a message - say at the top of the mail -
> stating that if this message has been incorrectly flagged as SPAM then
> please let us know. Is there any way of doing this with Spamassassin? I
> only want to flag those reported as SPAM though.

Spamassassin does not muck with the body of the original mail - it can insert
a header, or encapsulate the original message as an rfc822 message.

Tools like altermime can modify the content of a message.  Alternately,
publish a policy for your users that explains how to report false positives.
No mucking with e-mail required to do that.

Re: Adding "information" messages to SPAM

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
report_safe values are related to this.  I believe you need the value that
encapsulates the spam as an attachment.

I forget what glue you said you were using, exim?  I believe that it may
override some SA options with its own way of doing things, and this may be
one of those areas.  Possibly there is an Exim option if the obvious SA
options don't seem to work.

        Loren

Re: Adding "information" messages to SPAM

Posted by Dean Baldwin <de...@red.net>.
Loren,

Loren Wilton wrote:
>>Is there anyway of placing a message - say at the top of the mail -
>>stating that if this message has been incorrectly flagged as SPAM then
>>please let us know. Is there any way of doing this with Spamassassin? I
>>only want to flag those reported as SPAM though.
>

> In a typical spam, SA adds text much like the following at the top of the
> message.  You can customize this text as you please:
>
> Spam detection software, running on the system "myhost.net", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original message
> has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or label
> similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
> someone@somewhere.net for details.

Now this is what I thought, however SA is not adding anything to the
body of the message - it is simply changing the subject line. I guess
there is another setting that I need to change elsewhere so I will go
back to the manual and have a look.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.