Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by nigelm <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 22:07:59 UTC

Subform or ValueChangeNotifier with facelets?

Hi people.

I use facelets. I have a fairly run-of-the-mill form that has a
selectOneListBox that shows entities that can be modified, and a heap of
controls that contain the values of the entity that has been selected in
that listbox.

I know I can't just sink the onchange javascript submit stuff because of the
lifecycle, and I know 2 solutions are to use the sandbox
valueChangeNotifier, or the sandbox subform stuff. Both look good.

However, neither is a simple drop-in for facelets - indeed, I can't see any
taghandler for using subforms at all.

So - should I go ahead with valueChangeNotifier? Is there a way to use
subforms? Is there a 'better' solution out there that I haven't found (the
fact that they're both sandbox items makes me wonder if I'm using the right
tools) ?

Cheers,
Nigel