Posted to user@pig.apache.org by zhang jianfeng <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 07:41:30 UTC

Does Pig have consideration of adding Date to the Type System ?

Hi all,

Since SQL and Hive both have Date type, I'd like to know whether Pig also
have plan to add this type ?

Thank you.

Jeff Zhang

Re: Does Pig have consideration of adding Date to the Type System ?

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
We've discussed that it would be useful, especially as we implement
SQL.  We haven't done any work on implementing it yet.

Alan.