Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Itai levitan <It...@iweb.com> on 2001/07/15 21:21:01 UTC

TomCat configuration for session-tracking --> session-max and ses sion-timeout

	I am using Resin server (www.caucho.com) and TomCat 1.31 server.
This is from the Resin doc:

		The servlet engine controls the number of active sessions
through two methods: a time limit on inactive sessions, and a cap on the
number of active sessions. The cap on the number of sessions is controlled
by an LRU mechanism, so active sessions will not be culled. Session
configuration is per-application. It looks like:

		 <session-config session-max='4096'
		                 session-timeout='30'/>

		As I mentioned, this is the tag for the Resin server.

		Regarding TomCat - I saw a session-timeout param only ( in
file: web.xml ). Its default value is 30:
		    <session-config>
		        <session-timeout>
		            30
		        </session-timeout>
		    </session-config>

		Does the TomCat hold a parameter for "a cap on the number of
active sessions" ( session-max ).
	I checked TomCat's docs/archives/faq, but did not see any info
regarding this important point.
	I appreciate any help - and would appreciate any other
"TomCat-specific" tips regarding session tracking. Thanks in advance!