Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2009/02/15 17:15:20 UTC

use Modello 1.0 in Maven 2.1.x

Maven 3.x recently upgraded Modello to 1.0  in r743174, and Benjamin used it
to integrate generics in r744572 (thank you).

With Modello 1.0, there are a lot of little improvements that can be done on
models. Before doing so, I'd like to upgrade Modello version for 2.1.x
branch: I'm pretty confident this won't cause any regression.

Any objection? Or any preference on when to do it to avoid risks on Maven 2.1
release plan?

Regards,

Hervé

Re: use Modello 1.0 in Maven 2.1.x

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
Kool and the gang.

On 17-Feb-09, at 2:49 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> ITs passed without any problem
>
> upgrade done in r745216
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le lundi 16 février 2009, Jason van Zyl a écrit :
>> I assume you've tried it with 2.1? If all the same integration tests
>> pass then I don't see any downside.
>>
>> On 15-Feb-09, at 5:52 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>>> I'll try to get a summary of release notes for 1.0 [1]
>>>
>>> bugfixes:
>>> - MODELLO-152: Strict parsing mode doesn't detect missing root
>>> element
>>> - MODELLO-153: Default value doesn't work for attributes
>>> - MODELLO-154: xsd plugin does not honour xml.associationTagName
>>>
>>> enhancements:
>>> - MODELLO-155: support $version in xml.namespace
>>> - MODELLO-139: add encoding support to CLI
>>> - MODELLO-143: add an option to xdoc to add a separator before a
>>> field
>>> documentation (to have a more readable documentation)
>>> - a lot of model parameters have been renamed/moved for better
>>> consistency
>>>
>>> +:
>>> - keep model in sync with Maven 3.0, when previous enhancements will
>>> be used
>>> - prepare to benefit from future 1.0.1 (MODELLO-179, fixes, ...)
>>>

>>> FYI, for the moment, thanks to improved unit-tests, there are no
>>> regressions
>>> found in 1.0-alpha-22 or 1.0: the only regressions found by Benjamin
>>> are in
>>> xdoc, for which unit-tests lack asserts (if anybody find a way to
>>> add more
>>> asserts, I'm interested...)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Hervé
>>>
>>> [1] http://modello.codehaus.org/release-notes.html

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: use Modello 1.0 in Maven 2.1.x

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
I assume you've tried it with 2.1? If all the same integration tests
pass then I don't see any downside.

On 15-Feb-09, at 5:52 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> I'll try to get a summary of release notes for 1.0 [1]
>
> bugfixes:
> - MODELLO-152: Strict parsing mode doesn't detect missing root element
> - MODELLO-153: Default value doesn't work for attributes
> - MODELLO-154: xsd plugin does not honour xml.associationTagName
>
> enhancements:
> - MODELLO-155: support $version in xml.namespace
> - MODELLO-139: add encoding support to CLI
> - MODELLO-143: add an option to xdoc to add a separator before a field
> documentation (to have a more readable documentation)
> - a lot of model parameters have been renamed/moved for better
> consistency
>
> +:
> - keep model in sync with Maven 3.0, when previous enhancements will
> be used
> - prepare to benefit from future 1.0.1 (MODELLO-179, fixes, ...)
>

> FYI, for the moment, thanks to improved unit-tests, there are no
> regressions
> found in 1.0-alpha-22 or 1.0: the only regressions found by Benjamin
> are in
> xdoc, for which unit-tests lack asserts (if anybody find a way to
> add more
> asserts, I'm interested...)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] http://modello.codehaus.org/release-notes.html
>
> Le dimanche 15 février 2009, Brian E. Fox a écrit :
>> What benefits in 2.1 would we get by upgrading?

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: use Modello 1.0 in Maven 2.1.x

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
I upgraded Archiva trunk to Modello 1.0. We use it extensively for
defining our database model and I've seen no problems with 1.0.

James

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
On 15-Feb-09, at 11:15 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Maven 3.x recently upgraded Modello to 1.0  in r743174, and Benjamin
> used it
> to integrate generics in r744572 (thank you).

I actually want to use 1.0.1 because of the changes that Igor made to
support incremental builders in Eclipse. So I'll probably update 3.x
to use that instead of 1.0 for what it's worth.

> With Modello 1.0, there are a lot of little improvements that can be
> done on
> models. Before doing so, I'd like to upgrade Modello version for 2.1.x
> branch: I'm pretty confident this won't cause any regression.
>
> Any objection? Or any preference on when to do it to avoid risks on
> Maven 2.1
> release plan?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.