Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by SrinivasaRao Kongar <ks...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/15 07:38:23 UTC

Regarding Hadoop

Hi sir,

  What is Hadoop technology? what is the main purpose of this Hadoop
technology?

--
 Thanks&Regards,
SrinivasaRao Kongara

Re: Regarding Hadoop

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hadoop is a combination of frameworks each having its own purpose,
HDFS -> Distributed data storage, (i.e., if you have to manage huge amount
of data which may NOT fit into single machine then DFS (distributed file
system) is a way through which you can store and manage your data across
multiple machines)
Mapreduce -> Hadoop mapreduce is a parallel processing batch oriented
framework where you can run a single task in parallel across multiple
machines
Hbase -> is a distributed NOSQL data base (there are major differences b/w
a relational data base and Hbase)
and many other frameworks in the Hadoop eco-system includes Mahout, Hive,
Pig etc has their own applications.

One important note is that Hadoop run on a commodity hardware.

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
Calsoft Labs.

Re: Regarding Hadoop

Posted by Chaitanya Nanduri <nl...@gmail.com>.
This link might help :
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/developer-community/developer-admin-resources/new-to-hadoop.html#books

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This book is actually a good way to start with. But I would suggest you to
> go for the 3rd edition. 2nd edition covers the old API.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Shah, Rahul1 <ra...@intel.com>wrote:
>
>>  I would suggest you to read Hadoop The Definitive Guide 2nd Edition by
>> Tom white. I too started few weeks back and still learning it. J hope
>> you like it too****
>>
>> ** **

Chaitanya Nanduri

Re: Regarding Hadoop

Posted by Chaitanya Nanduri <nl...@gmail.com>.
This link might help :
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/developer-community/developer-admin-resources/new-to-hadoop.html#books

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This book is actually a good way to start with. But I would suggest you to
> go for the 3rd edition. 2nd edition covers the old API.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Shah, Rahul1 <ra...@intel.com>wrote:
>
>>  I would suggest you to read Hadoop The Definitive Guide 2nd Edition by
>> Tom white. I too started few weeks back and still learning it. J hope
>> you like it too****
>>
>> ** **

Chaitanya Nanduri

Re: Regarding Hadoop

Posted by Chaitanya Nanduri <nl...@gmail.com>.
This link might help :
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/developer-community/developer-admin-resources/new-to-hadoop.html#books

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This book is actually a good way to start with. But I would suggest you to
> go for the 3rd edition. 2nd edition covers the old API.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Shah, Rahul1 <ra...@intel.com>wrote:
>
>>  I would suggest you to read Hadoop The Definitive Guide 2nd Edition by
>> Tom white. I too started few weeks back and still learning it. J hope
>> you like it too****
>>
>> ** **

Chaitanya Nanduri

Re: Regarding Hadoop

Posted by Chaitanya Nanduri <nl...@gmail.com>.
This link might help :
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/developer-community/developer-admin-resources/new-to-hadoop.html#books

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This book is actually a good way to start with. But I would suggest you to
> go for the 3rd edition. 2nd edition covers the old API.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Shah, Rahul1 <ra...@intel.com>wrote:
>
>>  I would suggest you to read Hadoop The Definitive Guide 2nd Edition by
>> Tom white. I too started few weeks back and still learning it. J hope
>> you like it too****
>>
>> ** **

Chaitanya Nanduri

Re: Regarding Hadoop