Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mickael Maison <mi...@apache.org> on 2020/12/11 15:23:07 UTC

[VOTE] 2.6.1 RC3

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the fourth candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.6.1.

Since RC2, the following JIRAs have been fixed: KAFKA-10811, KAFKA-10802

Release notes for the 2.6.1 release:
https://home.apache.org/~mimaison/kafka-2.6.1-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, December 18, 12 PM ET ***

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~mimaison/kafka-2.6.1-rc3/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~mimaison/kafka-2.6.1-rc3/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.6 branch) is the 2.6.1 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.6.1-rc3

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.6 branch:
Unit/integration tests:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Kafka/job/kafka-2.6-jdk8/62/

/**************************************

Thanks,
Mickael

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Thanks for running the release Mickael!

+1 (binding)

- verified signatures
- build from sources and ran tests
- verified the three quickstarts

-Matthias

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <rs...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [kafka-clients] Re: [VOTE] 2.6.1 RC3

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ismael,

As far as I can tell, Kafka is not using the jackson-databind API that
had the issue. If this is fine, I'll mark this vote as passed and I'll
continue the release process.
Thanks

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ismael,