Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas M <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/22 06:54:43 UTC

Idea for extension of maven-jarsigner-plugin

(Not sure if I should take this discussion here or to dev, so I play safe and
start here.)

I'm a currently happy user of maven that's learning about Java Web Start,
pack200, and signed jars. Seems that to be able to sign *and* pack200 a jar,
you need to repack it using pack200 *before* signing. And I think that the
perfect place to be able to do this is in the jarsigner plugin, via a new
option.

Now, I'm perfectly happy with creating a patch for this myself, but it might
just be something that others might be interested as well.

Thoughts, comments?

/Andreas