Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2002/01/31 17:48:53 UTC

Re: Building Slide

That's a pretty annoying problem with the antlr task (probably)...
You'll need to put antlr.jar into your system CLASSPATH before building Slide,
for some obscure reason.

31.01.2002 17:54:15, Akil <as...@swbell.net> wrote:
>I just went thru the FAQ and got all the packages needed for building slide
>as well as the source-code from the CVS repository.
>
>I set up my build.properties file as best I could and started ant.
>
>I get an error message although antlr.jar  is in ${ANT_HOME}/lib as
>requested by the message. while processing Client.g
>I can process Client.g from the command line using java -Classpath .... etc
>to get me the files.
>
>What I am missing?
>
>If I compile Client.g by hand and copy it to the appropriate build
>directory, it does work.
>
>Could any of you please point me in the right direction?
>
>Thanks
>Akil

-chris
 /=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: Building Slide

Posted by Akil <as...@swbell.net>.
When trying to build the wrappers part of Slide
i.e. ant wrappers,

I get errors that say

cannot extent final class org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig ( In file
Jakarta-Slide/src/wrappers/catalina/BaseHostConfig.java:112 )
Also it cannot find methods getContextClass() and getConfigClass() in
wrappers.catalina.AdminHostConfig and a few other errors.

Could anyone render in any help? What am I missing?

I am tried using the catalina.jar file from the 1.0.16 release as well as
from the latest Tomcat build. I get the same error.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Akil

Re: Building Slide

Posted by Akil <as...@swbell.net>.
This is for anyone who faces the previous problem. (
TestXMLResponseMethodBase is not instantiable, etc )

Need to Use the commons-httpclient.jar that is available at
jakarta-slide/dist/client/lib instead of the latest one.

Also need xalan.jar in the ANT_HOME/lib directory.

Akil