Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/05/13 21:41:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Separate web access logs

Heya,

Looks like since HBASE-24310 we have nicely formatted logs of access to our
WebUI endpoints, following a standard web server log format. I think it'll
be a common requirement for environments to process these logs following
standard processes for web servers, so I think we should document how to
separate them out to their own dedicated file, thus HBASE-24366. However,
I'm wondering if we should make the separate file as the default
configuration. Are there different answers to this question for 2.x vs. 3.0
releases?

Maybe you're a lurking operator who has opinions about this? Please speak
up! :D

Thanks,
Nick

Re: [DISCUSS] Separate web access logs

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Sorry Duo, I missed your reply.

Yes, I think that's fine with me. We can change the default log4j to
silence this logger by default and include commented guidance for enabling
it.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.