Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hristo Yanchev Karakolev <hy...@bea-solutions.com> on 2020/06/02 07:53:55 UTC

Question about AJP13 connector

Hello,

I'm fairly new to tomcat and I'm charged with the task to do something that I don't quite understand.

My environment :

OS : Windows Server 2016 Standard x64

I have 2 tomcat servers :

#1 - Tomcat  8.5.37 working on a Web Server machine

#2 - Tomcat 9.0.20 working on a LAN Server machine.

Both servers are in different domains.

Our final goal is to have this configuration :

On the web server machine we use IIS to serve our web site . When the web site requires data it turns to Tomcat #1 which is also installed on web server machine. Tomcat #1 forwards the request to Tomcat #2 and returns the result to IIS.

My question is :

Is it possible to connect the both servers using AJP13 connectors (giving the fact that I will do the proper port forwarding of course)  and how?

I found tons of information how to do this with ("IIS" -> "Tomcat") or ("Apache httpd" -> "Tomcat") configuration but in my case I have ("Tomcat" -> "Tomcat") establishment.

RE: Question about AJP13 connector

Posted by Hristo Yanchev Karakolev <hy...@bea-solutions.com>.
Thank you for the accurate explanation.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/06/2020 08:53, Hristo Yanchev Karakolev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm fairly new to tomcat and I'm charged with the task to do something that I don't quite understand.
>

> My environment :
>

> OS : Windows Server 2016 Standard x64
>

> I have 2 tomcat servers :
>
> #1 - Tomcat  8.5.37 working on a Web Server machine
>
> #2 - Tomcat 9.0.20 working on a LAN Server machine.
>

> Both servers are in different domains.
>

> Our final goal is to have this configuration :
>
> On the web server machine we use IIS to serve our web site . When the web site requires data it turns to Tomcat #1 which is also installed on web server machine. Tomcat #1 forwards the request to Tomcat #2 and returns the result to IIS.

This isn't possible out of the box.

Tomcat doesn't provide reverse proxy functionality.

> My question is :
>
> Is it possible to connect the both servers using AJP13 connectors (giving the fact that I will do the proper port forwarding of course)  and how?

Not possible.