Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/10/19 14:25:16 UTC

[NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 16 release candidate 1 available for testing

The first release candidate build for Apache NetBeans 16 is available
(links below).

Please help with testing, and file issues in GitHub as necessary -

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues

If you're a committer adding an issue, or helping triage an issue
(please do!), add the milestone and/or priority labels as appropriate.
Use priority:high for should be fixed before release,
priority:critical for must be fixed before we can release.

**The following rules are applied to pull requests from now until release:**

Please read the full info on how we manage pull requests to delivery
at least once! :-) -
https://lists.apache.org/thread/hyjbsz55zb9xfcnccghkrsvqsnt83nwf

PR's intended to be included in the 16 release :
 - Limited to fixes (link an issue if there is one, or provide
justification in description)
 - Label with priority:high or priority:critical as appropriate.
 - Base on the delivery branch.
 - Mark with NB16 milestone.
 - Will be merged by the release team.

PR's with features for a future release :
 - Base on the master branch.
 - Will be reviewed and merged in the usual way.
 - If possible stay away from big refactoring.
 - If possible do not overlap with fixes for 16 (delivery will be
merged to master weekly).

The NetBeans 16-rc1 artifacts are here:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release160/2/artifact/dist/

Alternative trial link to latest release candidate:
https://nightlies.apache.org/netbeans/candidate/netbeans/

Link to the binary zip:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release160/2/artifact/dist/netbeans/netbeans-16-rc1-bin.zip
SHA512: 6313b82c571dd4f3472b6ca230b593b1e7a084431ceef2976e70cad9188c9b655508cf4f7225de9b20cce4d23285107328e3c86ce1d1f97944e67488a63e90a2

The sources are here:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release160/2/artifact/dist/netbeans/netbeans-16-rc1-source.zip
SHA512: 4490423a3632eb43228107511de870a9f20625e35698a6247ce8e2cf4840d8613f5c812a8d7e04fa0e406aed34c57b9004afe4e58aa57e93f6684c7c079f4cce

Link to the VSCode plugin:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release160/2/artifact/dist/vsix/

The PRs already integrated into NetBeans 16 are :
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pulls?q=is%3Amerged+milestone%3ANB16

Issues currently tagged for NetBeans 16 are :
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3ANB16

Release schedule :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule

Thank you for your contributions!

Best wishes,

Neil

PS. Please don't respond to this email directly - start a new thread.
Let's keep the [NOTICE] tag for what it says. Thanks! :-)

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 16 release candidate 1 available for testing

Posted by Javier Ortiz Bultron <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ran into this weird message on Mac when opening the binary for the first
time. Haven't seen any impact of canceling that.

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
please don't use the [notice] tag for feedback. Start separate threads:

 > PS. Please don't respond to this email directly - start a new thread.
 > Let's keep the [NOTICE] tag for what it says. Thanks! 😄

-mbien

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 15:13, Richard Grin
<Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr> wrote:
> Neil, should I wait for RC2, before testing other features that relate
> to Jakarta EE?

Please note the request not to reply to [NOTICE] emails.

If you have any questions, please start a new thread, with a subject
line that makes the topic clear.

If you have issues to report against release candidates, please open
at https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues

Many thanks,

Neil

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 16 release candidate 1 available for testing

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
> [...]

>> 4490423a3632eb43228107511de870a9f20625e35698a6247ce8e2cf4840d8613f5c812a8d7e04fa0e406aed34c57b9004afe4e58aa57e93f6684c7c079f4cce
>>
>> Link to the VSCode plugin:
>> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release160/2/artifact/dist/vsix/
>>

>> The PRs already integrated into NetBeans 16 are :
>> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pulls?q=is%3Amerged+milestone%3ANB16
>>
>> Issues currently tagged for NetBeans 16 are :
>> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3ANB16
>>

>> Release schedule :
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule
>>

>> Thank you for your contributions!
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> PS. Please don't respond to this email directly - start a new thread.
>> Let's keep the [NOTICE] tag for what it says. Thanks! :-)

Richard Grin

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 16 release candidate 1 available for testing

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
Hello Neil,

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.