Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2008/11/01 00:07:28 UTC

RE: Logging

> From: Mohit Anchlia [mailto:mohitanchlia@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Logging
>
> I meant to ask is it ready dynamically when catalina is
> already running.

I don't think the log4j config is reread after initialization, but you'd have to check the log4j doc to see if there's some trigger you can use.  You could make it a watched resource in your <Context> element, which would cause a restart of the webapp when changed - thay may be acceptable.

> Also I didn't understand "put your config in web.xml". I've put my
> config in META-INF/classes as suggested in tomcat doc.

You didn't understand it because what Martin said is wrong.  You have it in the correct place.

 - Chuck

RE: Logging

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Mohit Anchlia [mailto:mohitanchlia@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Logging
>
> Thanks for answering my questions. How can I make it a
> watched resource?

By reading the doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Nested%20Components

Look at the global <Context> element in conf/context.xml for an example.

 - Chuck

Re: Logging

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for answering my questions. How can I make it a watched resource?