Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/08/28 18:36:06 UTC

Re: Fulcrum building again (was: VOTE)

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum.html

> Nice to see things building for you again.
>
> :-)

Yup.  It looked like a clean checkout solved the problem.  I'm still
inclined to stick with update for the normal case.

Meta discussion time:  I continue to view Gump more as a social experiment
than a technologicial effort.  And in many ways, it hasn't quite achieved
what I wanted.  Case in point, this failure.

As hard as I try, I can not follow every mailing list for every project.
So I will miss changes.  If somebody had taken a look at the failure early
on and simply remarked "you know, we just did a fresh import, so it might
make sense for you to do a fresh checkout", this process would have been a
lot smoother.  As it was, I spent a fair amount of time doing cvs diffs,
triple checking class paths and the like.

Now that I know that I can't completely trust cvs, the next time should be
quicker.  But that's not the point.

Anybody have any suggestions for improvements of the social aspects of this
problem?

- Sam Ruby