Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2004/07/20 22:14:02 UTC

Form sample doesn't work

Hello,

I'am using 2.1.5.1. It seems that the CForms samples doesn't work on
this release? If I'am trying to start such an example the following
error message will be thrown:

Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could not find component (key [org.apache.cocoon.forms.FormManager])
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:263)

But the forms block exists and the necessary libs (the class FormManager), too.

What can I do? Is it fixed in the nightly build? Or is it a problem on my side?

Thank you!

Regards
Stephan

Re: Form sample doesn't work

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:14:02PM +0200, Stephan Coboos wrote:
> I'am using 2.1.5.1. It seems that the CForms samples doesn't work on
> this release? If I'am trying to start such an example the following
> error message will be thrown:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could
> not find component (key [org.apache.cocoon.forms.FormManager])
> 	at
> 	org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:263)
>
> But the forms block exists and the necessary libs (the class FormManager),
> too.
> What can I do? Is it fixed in the nightly build? Or is it a problem on my
> side?

If you are copying jars to another place to run them, this problem is
often caused by forgetting to copy the updated cocoon jar, which
contains the roles file that maps the various cforms keys to the
corresponding classes.

--Tim Larson