Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/18 00:16:12 UTC

Calling addProductToCategory service

Hi devs,
sorry if I ask a basic question but I need a hint from you to move forward.

I am trying to implement a multi form to let the user to select multiple
products and add them into a category. I have the multi form but now when I
select one or more products and submit I get the error:

Errore:
Il seguente parametro richiesto �B mancante: [IN]
[safeAddProductToCategory.fromDate]
Il seguente parametro richiesto �B mancante: [IN]
[safeAddProductToCategory.productCategoryId]
Il seguente parametro richiesto �B mancante: [IN]
[safeAddProductToCategory.productId]

(missing parameters)

The form is this:

    <form name="ListProduct" list-name="listIt"
target="addProductToCategory" title="" type="multi"
paginate-target="FindProduct"
        odd-row-style="alternate-row" header-row-style="header-row"
default-table-style="basic-table hover-bar">
        <actions>
            <service service-name="performFind" result-map-name="result"
result-map-list-name="listIt">
                <field-map field-name="inputFields" env-name="parameters"/>
                <field-map field-name="entityName" value="Product"/>
                <field-map field-name="orderBy" value="productId"/>
            </service>
        </actions>

        <field name="_rowSubmit"
title="${uiLabelMap.CommonSelect}"><check/></field>
        <field name="productId" widget-style="buttontext">
            <hyperlink also-hidden="false" description="${productId}"
target="EditProduct?productId=${productId}"/>
        </field>

        <field name="submitButton" title="${uiLabelMap.CommonSubmit}"
widget-style="smallSubmit">
          <submit/>
        </field>
        <on-event-update-area event-type="paginate" area-id="search-results"
area-target="FindProductSearchResults"/>
    </form>

 Can you please indicate where am I wrong ?
Where/How should I set the requested fields?
So many thanks!
-Bruno

Re: Calling addProductToCategory service

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Mridul,
you was right!
I had an event of type "service" instead of "service-multi".

Now I have this in the controller.xml
    <request-map uri="bulkAddProductsToCategory">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="service-multi" path="" invoke="addProductToCategory"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="FindProduct"/>
        <response name="error" type="view" value="FindProduct"/>
    </request-map>

And finally succedeed in adding the selected products from the multi form in
the category.

Many thanks !
-Bruno

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David,

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
My final goal with this is to have a product FindScreen where the user can
select (after a standard search) multiple products and issue at least one of
the following commands of the selected items:
- Add to category
- Remove from category
- Set the product image (the same image for all the selected products)

I say this in case someone has already done something similar and intends to

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
uhm...

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
It should be...

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
try with something like:

* for the productId: you just have to set also-hidden to true (it is
false in your form definition)
* for fromDate:

Jacopo

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.