Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Oleksandr Nitavskyi <o....@criteo.com> on 2018/08/09 12:15:51 UTC

Table API, custom window

Hello guys,

I am curious, is there a way to define custom window (assigners/trigger/evictor) for Table/Sql Flink API? Looks like documentation keep silence about this, but is there are plans for it? Or should we go with DataStream API in case we need such kind of functionality?

Thanks
Oleksandr Nitavskyi

Re: Table API, custom window

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

regarding the plans. There are no plans to support custom window assigners
and evictors.
There were some thoughts about supporting different result update
strategies that could be used to return early results or update results in
case of late data.

However, these features are currently not on the near or mid-term roadmap.
Most contributors are focusing on adding and improving connectors,
improving the SQL client, or adding built-in functions.
There is also work for better join support.

Best, Fabian

Re: Table API, custom window

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Oleksandr,