Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Daryoush Mehrtash <dm...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 02:14:34 UTC

How do I get Qpid's log messages?

I have installed   qpid package in REHL using yum:

sudo yum install qpid-cpp-server.x86_64 qmf.x86_64  python-qpid.noarch
> qpid-qmf.x86_64 qpid-cpp-server-ssl.x86_64 qpid-cpp-client-ssl.x86_64
> python-qpid-qmf.x86_64 qpid-tools.noarch

I then add a line to   /etc/qpidd.conf  to get log out put

> # (Note: no spaces on either side of '='). Using default settings:
>
> # "qpidd --help" or "man qpidd" for more details.
>
> cluster-mechanism=ANONYMOUS
>
> auth=yes
>

>> log-output=/tmp/qpidd.log

When I restart qpidd using the service command (sudo service qpidd restart)
I don't get any log messages.  What do I need to do to see qpid's debug
messages?

Daryoush

Re: How do I get Qpid's log messages?

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi Daryoush,
you need to use option log-to-file:

log-to-file=/tmp/qpidd.log

See "qpidd --help | grep log" or man qpidd for more logging options. Esp. for log-enable that can define (different) verbosity of logs for different areas.

Please note that by default logs are sent to syslog, so they are written to /var/log/messages by default.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org