Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com> on 2020/05/10 16:38:10 UTC

Re: [BloomFilters] changes to BloomFilter

I keep wondering if Bloom filters belong in Collections.  They are not a
collection in the standard sense of the word.  Would it make more sense to
spit it out as a new Commons project?  How does one even go about that?

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: [BloomFilters] changes to BloomFilter

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

> I keep wondering if Bloom filters belong in Collections.  They are not a
> collection in the standard sense of the word.

If it does not depend on [Collections] code and it provides
a functionality that can be used without [Collections], then
IMO it does not belong.

> Would it make more sense to
> spit it out as a new Commons project?

+1