Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Matt Topol <zo...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/11 16:44:59 UTC

DISCUSS: ADBC More Canonical Options

Hey all,

I've filed a PR with ADBC (https://github.com/apache/arrow-adbc/pull/316)
to add some more explicitly defined canonical options. This then leads the
an interesting question that should be posed:

For changes like this in general along with other potential updates, should
we do a series of small votes that are merged into a branch and then
bundled up into a v1.1.0 release? Or just do votes to merge to main and
then bump to v1.0.1? Or some other combination of ideas? As this is
technically a change to the ADBC definitions, it should warrant some kind
of release, but it might end up spammy to bump versions frequently for
changes like this for now?

Anyway, I figured it'd be good to open it up for discussion here and see
what people's opinions on this are.

Thanks all!

--Matt

Re: DISCUSS: ADBC More Canonical Options

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the double email. "here [1]" should reference https://github.com/apache/arrow-adbc/milestone/3.

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.