Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/13 15:51:48 UTC

How to sizing memory in mesos

Hello, I write a redis service based on Mesos. And I have a problem: when I
launch a executor with a resource offer, how could I allocate more memory
or reduce memory for this running executor? Are there any API relates to
this? Thank you in advance.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: How to sizing memory in mesos

Posted by Christos Kozyrakis <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
We should implement something like ballooning. It can be very convenient
for such use cases.

See vmware's ballooning
<http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/perf-vsphere-memory_management.pdf> for
details.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your link. Let me check out it. Maybe I could add it to our
mesos branch.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.