Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/23 15:08:41 UTC

FOP- Trunk - Nested tables with retrieve-table-marker

Hi,

I am using table markers for printing "continuation" labels for paragraphs
and tables when they get split over pages. So there is always nested tables.
In the attached example my inner table spans over the first, second and
third page. The marker "PARA TITLE - Cont" should appear in the header of
the second and third page. However it only appears on the third (last) page.
I believe this is because the table-cell in which the nested table is, spans
more than on page. I am not sure how to get the marker to show on the second
page. This only is happening when my table-cell spans more than one page.

Here is the FO:  output-marker-issue.fo
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n37656/output-marker-issue.fo>

Current output:
Page one -> PARA TITLE
Page two -> PARA TITLE
Page three -> PARA TITLE - Cont

Desired output:

Current output:
Page one -> PARA TITLE
Page two -> PARA TITLE - Cont
Page three -> PARA TITLE - Cont

Re: FOP- Trunk - Nested tables with retrieve-table-marker

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
For whats it's worth. I just updated my local copy of the trunk, compiled and
ran the example. I didn't have any issues. I would most definitely get the
latest from the trunk.

Re: FOP- Trunk - Nested tables with retrieve-table-marker

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
I believe it will be release in the next version (1.2). In the mean time you
can check out the trunk and compile it. I've already updated my stylesheets
to work with the trunk. This change is a great improvement to how the
markers behave.

Re: FOP- Trunk - Nested tables with retrieve-table-marker

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Luis! Appreciate the help.

Re: FOP- Trunk - Nested tables with retrieve-table-marker

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
See the attached example. I do the registration of markers differently
and it results in the output you intend. Maybe you can do that.