Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian P Millett <bp...@ec-group.com> on 2000/09/06 19:34:13 UTC

Re: SQLException: HELP needed over here!Plz!!!

Luis Gois wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm just generating these few lines of XML using SQL Processor for a
> simple query to a database!
> ***My code is this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
>
> <page>
>         <connectiondefs>
>                 <connection name="mercadinho">
>                         <driver>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</driver>
>
> <dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://ninja:1530:informixserver=unstable/mercado</dburl>

Hola Luis, I believe that the problem is that you need to have the url like this for informix:

jdbc:informix-sqli://<hostname>:<port>/<databasename>:informixserver=<servername>

so you should have

jdbc:informix-sqli://ninja:1530/mercado:informixserver=unstable

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms

Re: SQLException: HELP needed over here!Plz!!!

Posted by Luis Gois <lg...@despodata.pt>.
Brian P Millett wrote:

> Luis Gois wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I'm just generating these few lines of XML using SQL Processor for a
> > simple query to a database!
> > ***My code is this:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
> >
> > <page>
> >         <connectiondefs>
> >                 <connection name="mercadinho">
> >                         <driver>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</driver>
> >
> > <dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://ninja:1530:informixserver=unstable/mercado</dburl>
>
> Hola Luis, I believe that the problem is that you need to have the url like this for informix:
>
> jdbc:informix-sqli://<hostname>:<port>/<databasename>:informixserver=<servername>
>
> so you should have
>
> jdbc:informix-sqli://ninja:1530/mercado:informixserver=unstable
>
> --
> Brian Millett
> Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms
> (314) 205-9030               often cause nose bleeds."
> bpm@ec-group.com                           Greg Glenn

Hello Brian,

I've tried what you wrote, but, now I don't have a SQLException, instead the XML output comes
with this line:

    <sqlerror message></sqlerror>

... it was supposed to see the sqlerror message between the tags, right?

Re: SQLException: HELP needed over here!Plz!!!

Posted by Luis Gois <lg...@despodata.pt>.
Brian P Millett wrote:

> Luis Gois wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I'm just generating these few lines of XML using SQL Processor for a
> > simple query to a database!
> > ***My code is this:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
> >
> > <page>
> >         <connectiondefs>
> >                 <connection name="mercadinho">
> >                         <driver>com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver</driver>
> >
> > <dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://ninja:1530:informixserver=unstable/mercado</dburl>
>
> Hola Luis, I believe that the problem is that you need to have the url like this for informix:
>
> jdbc:informix-sqli://<hostname>:<port>/<databasename>:informixserver=<servername>
>
> so you should have
>
> jdbc:informix-sqli://ninja:1530/mercado:informixserver=unstable
>
> --
> Brian Millett
> Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms
> (314) 205-9030               often cause nose bleeds."
> bpm@ec-group.com                           Greg Glenn

I finally got there! Everything works fine now! Tks Brian! Your help was very usefull!!!
Obrigado!

Luis Gois