Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "mr.x" <mr...@tele2.ch> on 2004/07/16 08:20:10 UTC

Windows Repository: Maven Repository, Roaming Profiles (Documentation please)

Hi there

The default behaviour of maven is to store the MAVEN_REPO under
%USERPROFILE%\.maven\.. On Windows.

This is all o.k. BUT: if you are logged on a Win-NT Domain and use Roaming
Profiles the is a "little" problem:
- the Maven Repo get copied all the time (due to roaming, and the location
of the maven repo)
- longer Login-times
- Problems with the profile space (if limited)

I don't think that the default location of the repo should be changed. But
at least there should be a remark on
http://maven.apache.org/start/install.html

How to change the it (%USERPROFILE%\build.properties
[maven.repo.local=C:/x/y/z] ->?)

We use roaming profiles ... ;-<

Re: AW: Windows Repository: Maven Repository, Roaming Profiles(Documentation please)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That being the case, the best solution is to set:
MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL to somewhere local (repo, plugin cache, user plugins)
if you want to share your user plugins, set the properties local:
maven.unpacked.plugin.dir
maven.repo.local

Cheers,
Brett

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Windows Repository: Maven Repository, Roaming Profiles (Documentation please)

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
thanks. Can you file a reminder in JIRA for us?