Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2011/07/02 22:18:39 UTC

[graph] Do we have any documentation or examples?

Hi

I have an idea that requires a library that can construct graphs and
turn them into images. A quick look at the source tree for Commons Graph
shows no sign of examples or documentation. Are there any? Would Commons
Graph fit into my requirements above?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [graph] Do we have any documentation or examples?

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Dennis,
thanks for your interest on Commons Graph!!! If you don't find enough
material about it, it's because it is still at the early development
on Sandbox.
It doesn't mean that it doesn't work - you can have a look at the
testcases[1] - they are simple enough to understand how
functionalities work.
We also just started implementing the DOT exporter[2], that helps
exporting graphs in DOT format[3] - you can render produced graphs
with graphviz.
HTH, feel free to come back asking if something is not clear!
Hope to hear from you soon, have a nice WE!
Simo

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/graph/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/graph/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/graph/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/graph/export/DotExporter.java?view=markup
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_language