Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2016/05/02 21:58:09 UTC

Deprecate "fuzz" configurations for v6.2.0

Hi all,

I’d like to mark the fuzzy configuration options as deprecated in v6.2.0, which includes the following three configuration options:

	proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.time
	proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.min_time
	proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.probability

with the goal of having them removed from v7.0.0. There is some more details on the Jira;

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4235 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4235>

But, tldr; these options don’t really work, are very difficult to configure, and we’re much better off with the new features that have been introduced to deal with the thundering herd issues (e.g. proxy.config.http.cache.open_write_fail_action).

Please let me know if you have an issues with marking these as deprecated, and if so, why.

Cheers,

— Leif

Re: Deprecate "fuzz" configurations for v6.2.0

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
+1 - Please remove it.

-Bryan

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.