Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com> on 2001/11/29 13:58:45 UTC

Problem saving user information

Hello,

I have switched to Oracle with my application from MySQL. A few problems
have turned up the first is that I get a NoClassDefFoundError that sems to
be associated with a login that times out. I am not sure it is destructive
as I can hit the page and I am returned as expected to the login screen.
Here is the trace from my ant task that runs Tomcat.

start_tomcat_40:
     [java] Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
     [java] Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
     [java] Starting service Tomcat-Apache
     [java] Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
     [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/workingdogs/village/KeyDef
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1631)
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1578)
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.doUpdate(TurbineUserPeer
.java:463)
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.store(DBUserManager.ja
va:272)
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.saveUser(BaseSecuri
tyService.java:379)
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.saveUser(TurbineSecurit
y.java:261)
     [java]     at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.TurbineUser.valueUnbound(TurbineUser.java:649
)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttribute(StandardSession.
java:953)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:551)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(StandardManager.j
ava:744)
     [java]     at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.run(StandardManager.java:815)
     [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I am using Oracle 8.1.5 on W2K server and the TDK 2.1. Should I just ignore
this?

Regards

David

RE: Problem saving user information

Posted by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com>.
Dear Martin,

Village 1.5.1 is there. The rest of my application works fine except for
creating Scheduler JobEntry which i will post a different message about.

David

> I have switched to Oracle with my application from MySQL. A few problems
> have turned up the first is that I get a NoClassDefFoundError that sems to
> be associated with a login that times out. I am not sure it is destructive
> as I can hit the page and I am returned as expected to the login screen.
> Here is the trace from my ant task that runs Tomcat.
>
> start_tomcat_40:
>      [java] Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
>      [java] Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
>      [java] Starting service Tomcat-Apache
>      [java] Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
>      [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/workingdogs/village/KeyDef

looks like the village.jar is missing in your WEB-INF/lib directory ...

martin

Re: Problem saving user information

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
This is a problem with the tomcat version shipped in the tdk2.1.  The
latest tomcat fixes the problem.

john mcnally

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@bicamera.com>.
Hi David,