Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com> on 2016/02/24 18:50:09 UTC

Re: Agreement for Contributor or anything like that

(bcc:impala-dev@cloudera.org, +dev@impala.incubator.apache.org. Please use
the incubator mailing lists going forward).

Hi Sudarshan -

That's great to hear!

Since Impala is in the process of becoming an Apache Incubator project, I
think the best thing is if you examine the ASF's requirements for CLAs:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/ (see Contributor License Agreements)

We are in the process of granting all our source code to the ASF - which
should happen soon, with any luck! - and as a result the agreement should
be between you (or your employers) and the ASF.

Best,
Henry

Henry Robinson
Software Engineer
Cloudera
415-994-6679

Re: Agreement for Contributor or anything like that

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
The patch attachment didn't make it through; this could be a mailing list
problem.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that you rebase your patch against the latest
cdh5-trunk. There have a been a lot of changes since December.

After rebasing, it will, I think, be easier to send the patch to gerrit.

Posted by Nishidha Panpaliya <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Silivius, Tim,

From:	Silvius Rus <sr...@cloudera.com>
To:	Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>
Cc:	Sudarshan Jagadale/Austin/Contr/IBM@IBMUS, Tim Armstrong
            <ta...@cloudera.com>, Nishidha
Date:	03/02/2016 11:52 PM
Subject:	Re: Agreement for Contributor or anything like that

  wrote:
   Dear Tim and Cloudera Team,

   Its been really pleasure to work with Coludera team since last 1-2
   months, we receive quick responses from community.

   We really want to take this activity 100% conclusion/working on Power
   platform,

   We are almost done, just testing has some issues, are in progress.

   To take this ahead, We could like to know if you have CLA -"Contributor
   License Agreement" (or anything like this for contributors like us) for
   development and porting on power etc.

   Thanks and Regards,
   Sudarshan Jagadale
   Power System Solutions

   Inactive hide details for Tim Armstrong ---02/24/2016 03:45:29 AM---HI
   Nishidha,   Sorry for the slow response - we're approachTim Armstrong

   From: Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>
   To: nishidha panpaliya <ni...@gmail.com>
   Cc: Impala Dev <im...@cloudera.org>, Nishidha

Posted by Silvius Rus <sr...@cloudera.com>.