Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by alexbp80 <al...@ll.mit.edu> on 2008/12/22 22:13:59 UTC

Starting servicemix new install: Durable consumer is in use for client

Hi,

I just downloaded Servicemix 3.3 on a newly installed Linux machine. When I
start /bin/servicemix,
among other logged messages, there is an exception displayed:

Javax.jms.JMSException: Durable consumer is in use for client:
NC_localhost_inboundlocalhost and subscriptionName:
localhost_topic.info.Status
javax.jms.JMSException: Durable consumer is in use for client:
NC_localhost_inboundlocalhost and subscriptionName:
localhost_topic.info.Status.
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicRegion.addConsumer(TopicRegion.java:75)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConsumer(RegionBroker.java:383)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(BrokerFilter.java:85)
        at
org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConsumer(AdvisoryBroker.java:83)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(BrokerFilter.java:85)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConsumer(MutableBrokerFilter.java:92)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConsumer(TransportConnection.java:528)
        at
org.apache.activemq.command.ConsumerInfo.visit(ConsumerInfo.java:345)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:292)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:180)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:104)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:68)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.oneway(VMTransport.java:113)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelator.java:60)
        at
org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.addSubscription(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:544)
        at
org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.addConsumerInfo(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:846)
        at
org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.serviceRemoteConsumerAdvisory(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:486)
        at
org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.serviceRemoteCommand(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:396)
        at
org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport$2.onCommand(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:154)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:104)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:68)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:143)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:206)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:196)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I am not sure what "Durable consumer is in use for client" and there are no
concurrent instances of servicemix started on the machine.

Is it possible to reconfigure the "localhost" setting to use an actual
machine name ? If yes, which configuration file should be used to configure
this.

I apologize for such a general email. I am not very familiar with
Servicemix.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Starting servicemix new install: Durable consumer is in use for client

Posted by alexbp80 <al...@ll.mit.edu>.
Hi,

Your suggestion of reconfiguring the activemq.xml as described in :
http://servicemix.apache.org/javanetsocketexception-error-setting-options.html
solved the error message.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.