Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Weldon <kd...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/25 18:19:10 UTC

Download help....

Hello folks ~

I've been using OpenOffice on my old computer for many years and it's been
WONDERFUL. However, when I downloaded it on my new computer, I
open a spreadsheet and it shows as Excel and takes me to Microsoft 365 to
sign up for their services when I try to open it. I'm really confused and
need your help. I don't know if I need to install Java to make it work
(which I haven't figured that out either).

PLEASE HELP!!

Blessings ~ Kay

Re: Download help....

Posted by Robin Lord <ro...@fastmail.fm>.
you need to use the windows option to set the defaults to open office
just type defaults in the search field under the start menu and take it from there

--
Best Regards

Robin

Re: Download help....

Posted by Web Shari <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kay, you need to change the program your files are associated with.

Find the file, right click and selecting Open with > Choose another app

Once you're on that screen tick the "Always use the app to open
[filetype] files"

Then find Open Office Cal or whatever program you need to open it, in
the list of available programs, you might have to click on more apps,
and chose look for another app on this pc.

The program you need is most likely in Windows > Program Files (x86) >
OpenOffice 4 > program

Select scalc.exe (for spreadsheets) open. After you do this is should
work on it's own.

You can use this for any file type, just select the corresponding
OOProgram to open it.

Shari