Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sandor Spruit <sa...@cs.uu.nl> on 2004/12/01 14:43:34 UTC

Flow confusion: dealing with continuation ID's?

Folks,

Flow has me puzzled a bit.

I'm creating several HTML pages to be served by a flowscript. I'm used
to writing XML that gets rendered as HTML by a stylesheet. So I expect I
can access the continuation-ID from within XSLT because I want to use it
as a FORM-action. Is it just me, or is this impossible?

Another approach is to have an JX-template for a header that inserts a
continuation-IS, then use aggregation to fetch the rest of each page.

A hint would be appreciated here,
Cheers,
Sandor

Re: Flow confusion: dealing with continuation ID's?

Posted by Sandor Spruit <sa...@cs.uu.nl>.
Brian Vargas wrote:

> Sandor,
>
> | I'm creating several HTML pages to be served by a flowscript. I'm used
> | to writing XML that gets rendered as HTML by a stylesheet. So I expect I
> | can access the continuation-ID from within XSLT because I want to use it
> | as a FORM-action. Is it just me, or is this impossible?
>
> I discovered through a bit of experimentation that there is an input
> module to get the current continuation id.  You can use that to pass the
> continuation id into your stylesheet for rendering into the form.
>
> A contrived example:
>
> <map:match pattern="foo">
>     <map:generate src="bar.xml"/>
>     <map:transform src="boo.xslt"
>         <map:parameter name="continuation-id"
> value="{flow-continuation:id}"/>
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>

He, cool, I had just figured out how to use a JX-template powered header
combined with XML-files in aggregation. So, now I have two solutions :)

Posted by Brian Vargas <ar...@procrastinators.org>.