Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by alan milligan <al...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/31 18:40:05 UTC

%udat and Perl objects

Does the %udat hash support serialising objects as opposed to simple types?
Embperl 2.0b3 refuses to parse :
if ($udat{user}->hasgroup('root')) { ...

Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method "hasgroup" via package
"fortress" (perhaps you forgot to load "fortress"?) at
/home/alan/src/balclutha/webapp/perl/navigationbar.epl line 59, <GEN5> line
3.

Somehow it has managed to confuse the class type with one of the fields in
the hash, leading me to think maybe objects are not properly constructed
upon creation of the %udat hash.

Cheers, Alan

Re: %udat and Perl objects

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Does the %udat hash support serialising objects as opposed to simple
types?

Embperl uses Apache::Session and Apache::Session uses Storable to store the
data (at least if you don't have configured it differently).

As far as I know Storable can reconstruct objects correctly, but I never
tried it myself. Maybe somebodyelse has any experiences with objects and
storable.

Gerald