Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sven Wesley <sv...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/17 00:39:47 UTC

Variants are driving me nuts

Hi all,

I've nabbleing and trying different way sof configuring a setup of a variant
product with no luck. I can see the product in the web store with the
description etc, but none of the variants show up. If I go to the Catalog
manager I clearly can see the product and its variants in the quick admin.
Can anyone guide me with at least the minimum steps needed to get a variant
working?

Regards,
Sven

Re: Variants are driving me nuts

Posted by Sven Wesley <sv...@gmail.com>.
Ah, so the variant function adds the features as well. Will try that.

--Sven

2008/11/17 David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> There are tools in the catalog manager for creating variant products from a
> virtual product. Just create a product, set Virtual=Y, add some selectable
> features, and go to the "Variants" tab to generate variants.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 16, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Sven Wesley wrote:
>
>  Hi Scott, fast reply. :)
>>
>> So, the features are required too. I thought that it was enough to make
>> the
>> virtual/variant only.
>> I added the features and now it's working. Thanks a million!
>>
>> Now I just have to convince the staff to do both steps... ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>>

>> 2008/11/17 Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>
>>
>>  Hi Sven
>>>
>>> Things to check off the top of my head:1.  The virtual product should
>>> have
>>> isVirtual set to Y
>>> 2.  The variants should have is isVariant set to Y
>>> 3.  The virtual should be associated to variants with an association type

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Sven Wesley <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott, fast reply. :)

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.