Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ignitebie <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/08 06:48:50 UTC

"OFFHEAP_VALUES" MODE (VISOR CONSOLE)

Hi,

We have configured few caches in "OFFHEAP_VALUES" mode and trying to see how
entries are being deployed (ON/OFF) using visor. Our observation it that for
"OFFHEAP_TIERED", visor show entries in off heap metrics on visor console.
However, for OFFHEAP_VALUES, visor show count 0 for off heap and all count
is reflected against on heap column Header (   Entries (Heap / Off heap)).

Is it because key is still on heap and it counts entries not (values). What
is the way to know whether values are really of heap now  in OFFHEAP_VALUES.

Re: "OFFHEAP_VALUES" MODE (VISOR CONSOLE)

Posted by Ignitebie <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Val.

Re: "OFFHEAP_VALUES" MODE (VISOR CONSOLE)

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is correct behavior. In OFFHEAP_VALUES mode, entries are actually
stored on-heap, but in instead of values they have a pointers to off-heap
memory.

-Val