Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Anjali Abraham <an...@aztec.soft.net> on 2005/09/02 09:37:23 UTC

Need help in creating session object

Hi All,
            How to create session objects in tapestry4.0v, i.e. What code
need to be added into .page and .java file for the same?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Anjali

Re: Need help in creating session object

Posted by Nils Zonneveld <n....@topdesk.com>.
Anjali Abraham wrote:

>Hi All,
>            How to create session objects in tapestry4.0v, i.e. What code
>need to be added into .page and .java file for the same?
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>
>Regards,
>Anjali

I use Tapestry 3.0.3. With "Session object", I assume you mean a
HttpSession object.

Tapestry uses a Visit object for HttpSession like storage.

put

    <property name="org.apache.tapestry.visit-class"
      value="com.foo.bar.system.Visit" />

in your .application file. The Visit class is just a POJO that
implements Serializable.

HTH,

Nils Zonneveld

Re: Need help in creating session object

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Anjali Abraham <anjalia <at> aztec.soft.net> writes:

> Hi All,
>             How to create session objects in tapestry4.0v, i.e. What code
> need to be added into .page and .java file for the same?

You may download http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT/chapters1-4.pdf
and go to page 94 for a detailed example.

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)