Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by gdrapp <gd...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/09 04:20:06 UTC

Error creating project with EIK 0.9.0

Hi,

While attempting to create a new Karaf project in Eclipse using the EIK
plugin and a new install of Karaf, I'm receiving the following error in
Eclipse :

An internal error occurred during: "Resolving Features for TestProject".
URL [mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.3.1/xml/features]
could not be resolved.

I'm fairly new to Karaf and have been reading the forums and Googling but
can't figure out if it's a bug or a configuration problem on my side.  Any
suggestions on how I can debug or fix this?

App versions involved:

Karaf 2.3.1
EIK 0.9.0
Eclipse Indigo SR2 on Mac OS X 10.8.3

Thanks!

Re: Error creating project with EIK 0.9.0

Posted by Aurelie Chenevoy <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
has anyone succeeded to run eik project with java 6?
I've tried with  eclipse helios and indigo and karaf 2.2.1, 2.3.0 and 2.3.1
and i've always the same message  :  An internal error occured during :
"Resolving Features for EikTest".
URL[mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.3.0/xml/features]
could not be resolved. Here is one of the eclipse's log trace :

!SESSION 2013-04-10 10:43:12.706
-----------------------------------------------****

eclipse.buildId=M20110210-1200****

java.version=1.6.0_18****

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.****

BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US****

Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.reporting.product****

Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product
org.eclipse.epp.package.reporting.product****

** **

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 2 0 2013-04-10 10:43:16.785****

!MESSAGE The extensions and extension-points from the bundle
"com.something.eclipse.shelled" are ignored. The bundle is not marked as
singleton.****

** **

!ENTRY org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui 4 0 2013-04-10 10:43:30.118****

!MESSAGE Could not load repository template extension contributed by
org.sonar.ide.eclipse.mylyn with connectorKind jira****

** **

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2013-04-10 10:43:48.055****

!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal
accelerator operation.****

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2013-04-10 10:43:48.055****

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+C:****

Binding(ALT+CTRL+C,****

ParameterizedCommand(Command(AnyEdit.capitalize.command,Capitalize,****

                               ,****

                               Category(AnyEdit.category,AnyEdit
Tools,AnyEdit Tools key bindings,true),****

                               de.loskutov.anyedit.actions.ChangeCase,****

                               ,,true),null),****

                org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,****

                org.eclipse.ui.textEditorScope,,,system)****

Binding(ALT+CTRL+C,****

ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog.core.actions.KeyActionCommand,Insert
ChangeLog entry,****

                               Insert a ChangeLog entry,****

Category(org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog,Changelog,Changelog key
bindings,true),****

org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog.core.actions.InsertChangeLogKeyHandler,****

                               ,,true),null),****

                org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,****

                org.eclipse.ui.textEditorScope,,,system)****

** **

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-04-10 10:44:39.024****

!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Resolving Features for
EikTest".****

!STACK 0****

java.lang.RuntimeException: URL
[mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/standard/2.2.10/xml/features]
could not be resolved.****

                at
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection.getInputStream(Connection.java:195)
****

                at
org.apache.karaf.eik.ui.features.FeaturesResolverJob.resolveFeatures(FeaturesResolverJob.java:129)
****

                at
org.apache.karaf.eik.ui.features.FeaturesResolverJob.run(FeaturesResolverJob.java:87)
****

                at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I can't move to java7 so .. if you have an idea ?

Aurelie

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I reproduced the problem putting offline my console
I' ll try to look for the root cause

Could you please tell me if you performed the test was carried out with a
particular configuration

Regards.

--Filippo

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Java7 should be OK, no worries (I tested with it).

I suspect something more around the bootstrap (in EIK bootstrapper).

I take a look and keep you posted.

Regards
JB

On 04/11/2013 01:59 AM, gdrapp wrote:
> Hi, thanks for responding!  Yes, I reviewed the Prerequisites, Installation
> and Create EIK Project pages and followed each.  The only difference is that
> I am running Java 7 and the docs only mention Java 6 or greater, but I
> assumed that was OK.
>
> Any suggestions on what I can do to debug this?
>
> Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Error creating project with EIK 0.9.0

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Which mirror do you have configured in your setting.xml ?

Regards

--Filippo

Posted by gdrapp <gd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

the problem happens when EIK 0.9.0 try to find standard-2.3.1-features.xml
in the repositories and fails when it does not find.

If you don't have standard-2.3.1-features.xml in M2_REPO can change
from
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots
@id=karaf.${karaf.default.repository}
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots
@id=karaf.${karaf.default.repository},file://<KARAF_HOME>/system

in your <KARAF_HOME>/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories

Regards

--Filippo

Posted by Aurelie Chenevoy <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB Thanks for reponding,