Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2014/05/02 21:05:19 UTC

Qpid client crashes in heartbeat operation

I have almost 15-20 clients running on my system. all clients use heartbeat
to detect connection failure. these clients started to get crashed randomly
after enabling heartbeat. Timeout is set to 2 sec for some app and 5 sec for
others. Below is attached core dump output. It appears to be getting
terminated in qpid::sys:Timer::run() method.

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x0fe76444 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x0fe7b694 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x0fe6d778 in __assert_fail () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x0f9357d8 in qpid::sys::Timer::run() () from
/usr/lib/libqpidcommon.so.2
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x0f803984 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libqpidcommon.so.2
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x0fd76d8c in ?? () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#6  0x0ff25a90 in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.

We need this feature to detect failure as soon as possible. Is there any
other way to do that. I believe SO_KEEPALIVE is not set in sockets in qpid.

Re: Qpid client crashes in heartbeat operation

Posted by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Adding to previous reply, Applications gets crashed even in IDLE state i.e
not sending or receiving any message to/from broker. Just connected waiting
for an event. a

Everytime the core dump points to the same qpid::sys::Timer:run()

Re: Qpid client crashes in heartbeat operation

Posted by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Another point i would like to mention here which might help you in analyzing
the issue is when my system boots up it has default time something around
1970. It gets actual time sometimes after getting connected to internet.

Re: Qpid client crashes in heartbeat operation

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
That sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3553 but that is fixed in 0.13..

Posted by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Any help on this issue?

Re: Qpid client crashes in heartbeat operation

Posted by Bill Freeman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps not relevant, but I'm using a python client with a C++ broker with
the (QMF) heartbeat interval (configured in the broker) at ten seconds.  I
had occasion to instrument the actual time between heartbeats, and while
usually very close to (but always longer than) ten seconds, I have seen odd
single instances that are significantly longer, one as long as 16.4 seconds
(presumably the broker was "busy" with something else).  This was in a
CentOS VM running under vmware player on a Windows box, so my variability
may be worse than usual.  But if my level of variability do occur more
generally, I wonder if there may be a bug related to setting the heartbeat
to intervals shorter then the variability.

Bill

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.