Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2020/01/21 15:04:13 UTC

Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Dear Apache enthusiast,

(You’re receiving this message because you are subscribed to one or more
project mailing lists at the Apache Software Foundation.)

The call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 is now open
at https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp

ApacheCon will be held at the Sheraton, New Orleans, September 28th
through October 2nd, 2020.

As in past years, ApacheCon will feature tracks focusing on the various
technologies within the Apache ecosystem, and so the call for
presentations will ask you to select one of those tracks, or “General”
if the content falls outside of one of our already-organized tracks.
These tracks are:

Karaf
Internet of Things
Fineract
Community
Content Delivery
Solr/Lucene (Search)
Gobblin/Big Data Integration
Ignite
Observability
Cloudstack
Geospatial
Graph
Camel/Integration
Flagon
Tomcat
Cassandra
Groovy
Web/httpd
General/Other

The CFP will close Friday, May 1, 2020 8:00 AM (America/New_York time).

Submit early, submit often, at https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp

Rich, for the ApacheCon Planners

Fwd: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Posted by Jay Sen <ja...@apache.org>.
Hello Dev Team,

The call for presentation is open, pls check it out. Its good to see
"*Gobblin/Big
Data Integration*" track in ApacheCon because of our last year presentation
!

folks from PayPal are planning to present prod ready data pipeline that we
are working on this year.

besides this, I am thinking we can do any of the following if anybody is
interested in presenting.

1) Gobblin New features ?
2) Gobblin on Kubernetes ?
3) Gobblin roadmap ?
4) current Gobblin fetures and scale (overall intro)

Lets sync up and plan for this presentation !
Thanks
Jay

Re: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Prasad,

Yes sure, I will share the slides.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Prasad,

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saikat,

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think this year's call for proposals for ApacheCon 2020 has ended but you
can go ahead and share proposals for a talk in In-Memory Computing Summit.

 https://www.imcsummit.org/2020/virtual/call-for-speakers

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Wesley,

Definitely follow the advice of Saikat and submit the talk to the IMC
Summit.

Also, we’ll be happy to host you for Ignite virtual meetup. Many community
folks will be glad to learn how you use Ignite ML in production. Are you
ready?
https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Ignite-Virtual-Meetup/

Denis

--
-
Denis

Re: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Posted by Wesley Peng <me...@yonghua.org>.

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Congrats!!!

It looks like both of our talks are on same day, Tuesday, September 29th

https://apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/ignite.html

I still have not received confirmation on schedule yet and maybe it can
change.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saikat,

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> Thank you for your email. I have submitted a talk about Data Streaming
> using Apache Ignite and Apache Flink.
>
> I would also like to co-present on Ignite internals and usecases deep dive.
>
> Regards,
> Saikat
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Igniters,
>>
>> I was submitting an Ignite talk to the conference and found out that this
>> time ASF created a separate category for Ignite-specific proposals. You can
>> see an abstract submitted by me:
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1woaEOWaIFxN8UIJ7nvFbYoc53mYsUsSN/view?usp=sharing
>>
>> Who else is ready to submit? It can be a deep-dive about Ignite internals
>> or Ignite use case overview. We can co-present. Also, GridGain is ready to
>> sponsor your trip if the talk is accepted.
>>

>> -
>> Denis
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 5:22 PM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Ignite folks, just bringing to your attention and encourage anybody
>>> interested to submit an Ignite-related session. Both Alex Zinoviev and I
>>> presented at ApacheCons the previous year -- the events are worth attending
>>> and speaking at.
>>>
>>> -
>>> Denis

>>> Observability
>>> Cloudstack
>>> Geospatial
>>> Graph
>>> Camel/Integration
>>> Flagon
>>> Tomcat
>>> Cassandra
>>> Groovy
>>> Web/httpd

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> Thank you for your email. I have submitted a talk about Data Streaming
> using Apache Ignite and Apache Flink.
>
> I would also like to co-present on Ignite internals and usecases deep dive.
>
> Regards,
> Saikat
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Igniters,
>>
>> I was submitting an Ignite talk to the conference and found out that this
>> time ASF created a separate category for Ignite-specific proposals. You can
>> see an abstract submitted by me:
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1woaEOWaIFxN8UIJ7nvFbYoc53mYsUsSN/view?usp=sharing
>>
>> Who else is ready to submit? It can be a deep-dive about Ignite internals
>> or Ignite use case overview. We can co-present. Also, GridGain is ready to
>> sponsor your trip if the talk is accepted.
>>

>> -
>> Denis
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 5:22 PM Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Ignite folks, just bringing to your attention and encourage anybody
>>> interested to submit an Ignite-related session. Both Alex Zinoviev and I
>>> presented at ApacheCons the previous year -- the events are worth attending
>>> and speaking at.
>>>
>>> -
>>> Denis

>>> Observability
>>> Cloudstack
>>> Geospatial
>>> Graph
>>> Camel/Integration
>>> Flagon
>>> Tomcat
>>> Cassandra
>>> Groovy
>>> Web/httpd

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org>.

On 2020/01/21 19:54:42, Glen Hein <gl...@connexta.com> wrote:
> Why isn't there an unsubscribe link in this email?

As far as I can tell from the archives, email to the users@servicemix
list never have unsubscribe links in them. However, the procedure is that
you send email to users-unsubscribe@servicemix.apache.org

Re: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
IMHO  it depends on the subject.

I plan to have talks about Community with some learnings from Apache
Airflow community. I think also Observability for some areas of Airflow
such as lineage might be a good fit. Content Delivery is general enough to
cover a lot of topics related to Airflow. And yes - if you have a subject
that does not fall into any other, the General/Other is good :)

J.

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: Call for presentations for ApacheCon North America 2020 now open

Posted by Qingping Hou <qp...@scribd.com>.

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>.
https://tedxpvgcoet.com/

Here will be talking about fineract and mifos journey also.

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 15:00 Ankit Sharma, <an...@muellners.com> wrote:

> Saransh Sharma should be up for this. He is also delivering a TEDx talk
> this month .

Cool! Do share link to watch on list when available.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 2:49 PM Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io> wrote:

>> Hi all!
>>
>> I will bring this e-mail again because, for the first time in history, we
>> have a Fineract track on the ApacheCon. This year the event will be held at
>> the Sheraton, New Orleans, September 28th through October 2nd, 2020.
>>
>> We have this unique opportunity for the community to gather together,
>> since last time in Dubai (in 2015!).
>>
>> Our industry is worth $20bn per year, and we are just scratching the
>> surface of this vast market. We can collectively capture a significant
>> share, and we must gather and learn what is happening in the community,
>> mingle, and learn.
>>
>> We will have a one-day track exclusively for FIneract at ApacheCon and we
>> are now open to proposals.
>>
>> The CFP will close Friday, May 1, 2020, at 8:00 AM (America/New_York
>> time).
>>
>> Submit early, submit often, at https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp
>>
>> Let's make this happen!
>>
>> Let me know how I can assist you.
>>
>> Javier.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 4:40 PM Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Fineracters!
>>>
>>> This year we will have a Fineract track on the ApacheCon 2020 Americas.
>>> ApacheCon will be held at the Sheraton, New Orleans, September 28th
>>> through October 2nd, 2020.
>>>
>>> We will have a one-day track exclusively for FIneract at ApacheCon and
>>> we are now open to proposals.
>>>
>>> The CFP will close Friday, May 1, 2020 8:00 AM (America/New_York time).
>>>
>>> Submit early, submit often, at https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any questions.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Javier

>>> Observability
>>> Cloudstack
>>> Geospatial
>>> Graph
>>> Camel/Integration
>>> Flagon
>>> Tomcat
>>> Cassandra
>>> Groovy
>>> Web/httpd

Posted by Ankit Sharma <an...@muellners.com>.

Posted by Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io>.
Hi all!

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

anyone responding to the call? I heard that New Orleans is really nice :-)

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl