Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Robert Dare <rd...@comerxia.com> on 2004/12/14 21:07:33 UTC

Oracle and Invalid column type:

Hi all,

The iBATIS-SqlMaps-2.pdf Developer Guide notes that when
using an Oracle driver, one mustspecify the SQL type of
a column if it is nullable.

For doing inserts, does this mean that one must use a
<parameterMap> rather than just passing in a classType
in the statement XML?

I read elsewhere in the iBATIS documentation that there is
a performance gain by using the classType rather than a
parameterMap attribute in the statement XML.

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Regards,

Rob.

Re: Oracle and Invalid column type:

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
for inserts you should use the following syntax for value specification:

#propertyName:TYPE#

check out page 21 of the developer's guide. I hope that helps you can
use inline parameter maps. You simply need to specify the type rather
than simply calling #propertyName# to extract the value.

Brandon