Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Robert Glover <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/28 16:56:01 UTC

Can abator use Oracle rownum to limit results

Hi,

   I am a big fan of Abator and iBatis.  Abator is fantastic.  I have a question though. In Oracle the way to limit results to (for example) 20 rows is:

select col from tbl where rownum<=20;

  Using the wonderful Abator, is there a way I can do that?

  (Second question, much less important: is there a new version of Abator coming anytime soon?)

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Re: Can abator use Oracle rownum to limit results

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Abator doesn't generate code for Oracle rownum support.  But you could
easily extend the generated Example class to add this kind of function.
I'll write some information about extending the example classes for the next
release.

There have been a lot of enhancements to Abator since the 1.0 release.  I
hope to have time to do another release in late December.  In the meantime,
it's easy to check out the latest source and build it yourself.

I'm happy to hear that Abator is providing value on your project.

Jeff Butler