Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Eugen Stan <eu...@netdava.com> on 2021/11/26 19:05:21 UTC

Re: I'm working on an OFBiz helm chart for kubernetes

I made some small updates to the chart and it's now
I managed to publish the chart

https://github.com/ieugen/charts

Instalation details are on the ofbiz chart page:
https://github.com/ieugen/charts/tree/main/charts/ofbiz

Right now I can use the chart + custom valus to start ofbiz in
kubernetes but I don't have a clear way to load data into it.

I'll open another thread about this if I don't find something online first.

I'll add more examples on how to use it since right now it might not be
that obvious, but it works for me.

Let me know if you need help with it or if you would like to be involved
with this.

--
Eugen Stan

+40770 941 271  / https://www.netdava.com

Re: I'm working on an OFBiz helm chart for kubernetes

Posted by Alexis TADIFO <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Eugen,
I would like to be involved.

Regards.

*Alexis TADIFO*

*Software engineer - IT Consultant*

Ingénieur de conception en informatique
📞 (+237) 697 991 590 📞(+1) 418 569 8877

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Ioan,

Thanks for the reply.

I know this what you stated about Kubernetes and Docker images. But that is
not about the point I was asking about. My apologies if it didn't trigger
the right bells.

You talked about not having a clear way of loading data (I presume seed,
and maybe seed-ext) into the database of an OFBiz implementation (either in
a Docker environment, or a Kubernetes setup, on prem or off prem), and this
is what I am driving at:

   1. An OFBiz implementation with Apache Derby (whatever the
   environment) s not suitable for production. It is suitable for development.
   Every user, like me, doesn't use OFBiz in combination with Derby as
   production environment. It can be used for testing (SIT, UAT), but as you
   say, loading data into the database can be a problem with given means for
   Derby.;
   2. An OFBiz implementation with a production grade rdbms underneath is
   suitable for production. And it is suitable for testing. Most
   implementation will have the OFBiz implementation not on the same as the
   rdbms is.

In both cases, loading of data into the underlying rdbms is an issue
solvable. in the first case, we have scripts for that available. In the
second case, devops will have their ways to load data into the rdbms
directly (with sql scripts) before firing up (running OFBiz).

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)