Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2018/03/20 22:20:24 UTC

[LAZY VOTE][RESULT] Upgrade CI to CUDA 9.1 with CuDNN 7.0

Hello,

the results of this vote are as follows:

+1:
Jun
Anirudh
Hao
Marco

0:
Chris

-1:
Naveen (veto recalled as of
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/242db72a0c96349ef6e0ff1d3b1fe0dc7f7a9082532724c3293666c5@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
)

Under the constraint that we will use CUDA 8 on Windows and CUDA 9.1 on
UNIX slaves and work on integration tests for CUDA 8 in the long term, this
vote counts as PASSED.

The PR for this change is available at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10108. I have developed and
tested the new slaves in our test environment and everything looks
promising so far. The plan is as follows:

   1. Get https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10108 approved to
   allow self-merge – CI can’t pass until slaves have been upgraded.
   2. Replace all existing slaves with new upgraded slaves.
   3. Retrigger https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/10108 to
   merge necessary changes into master.

IMPORTANT: The migration will happen tomorrow, so please expect some delay
in job execution - the CI website will be unaffected. Ideally, no jobs
should fail - in case they do, please feel free to retrigger them by using
an empty commit. In case of any errors appearing after the upgrade, don't
hesitate to contact me!

Best regards,
Marco

Re: [LAZY VOTE][RESULT] Upgrade CI to CUDA 9.1 with CuDNN 7.0

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Haibin,

I'd love to see CUDA 8 back in CI, but we're currently lacking people to do
this properly (besides just copy&pasting the job). Since we agreed on only
supporting the last 2 CUDA major versions, we don't have to verify CUDA 7.

The way to go forward is to have things like these in the nightly test
cycle. At the moment, we don't have to manpower to maintain and improve
that suite, so we'll have to wait until we got more people or somebody is
willing to take this on themselves. I'd be happy to support volunteers here!

Best regards,
Marco

Posted by Haibin Lin <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com>.