Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Huesser <pe...@psi.ch> on 2005/09/20 13:59:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with download of large file

Hello

I am running apache 2.0.46 and try to download an iso image from this
server which has a size of about 600MB. The download stops after a
while. Found no entry of the download in the logfile. I looked around in
the maillinglist archive and found some people who had the same problem.
They suggested to set "EnableSendfile Off" and "EnableMMAP off" but it
did not help.Does somebody has a hint ?

Thank's in advance

    Pedro

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with download of large file

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/05, Peter Huesser <pe...@psi.ch> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am running apache 2.0.46 and try to download an iso image from this

Quite an old version.  You should upgrade.

> server which has a size of about 600MB. The download stops after a
> while. Found no entry of the download in the logfile.

If there is really no entry in the log file, that perhaps indicates a
crashed process, which should be accompanied by a core dump.  Look for
indications in the error log of a seg fault, and also see the
CoreDumpDirectory directive.  (Although I'm not sure it works properly
in that version.)

Joshua.