Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/02/25 19:16:57 UTC

maven royale distribution no longer works, but current release seems not to be a valid SDK

Hi,

something broke maven royale distribution. When I run:

macbookpro:royale-asjs carlosrovira$ mvn -s settings-template.xml
-DdistributionTargetFolder=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/sdks/apache-royale-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT
-P build-distribution clean install

This executes ok, but the SDK created is no longer valid.

In vscode this is message when this SDK is selected: nextgenas.sdk.editor
in settings does not point to a valid SDK. Requires Apache Royale 0.9.0 or
newer.

But, if I download current 0.9.1 release from here:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.1/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.1-bin-js-swf.zip

The result is exactly the same when point to "0.9.1/royale-asjs" folder
(that VSCode offers as a possible valid SDK, the distribution SDK is as
well offered as a possible valid SDK)

Another thing I don't understand is that I see "flex-sdk-description.xml"
and "royale-sdk-description.xml" (why we have both? the first one should be
removed?)

first one is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--

  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.

-->
<flex-sdk-description>
<name>Apache Royale 0.9.1 FP11.1 AIR14.0 en_US</name>
<version>4.14.1</version>
<build>20180208</build>
</flex-sdk-description>

second one is

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--

  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.

-->
<royale-sdk-description>
<name>Apache Royale</name>
<version>0.9.1</version>
<build>20180208</build>

*<output-targets>*
*    <output-target name="js" version="Ecma5Strict" />*
*    <output-target name="swf" version="AS3" AIR="14.0" Flash="11.1" />*
*</output-targets>*
</royale-sdk-description>

the last part "outputs-targets" seems strange to me.. how IDEs do with
this? what should do VSCode?

For me, right now VSCode can handle official 0.9.1 and the same happens to
maven distribution 0.9.2-SNAPSHOT

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: maven royale distribution no longer works, but current release seems not to be a valid SDK

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks for looking into this Piotr,

now the distribution seems to have the right royale-sdk-description.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--

  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.

-->
<royale-sdk-description>
    <name>Apache Royale</name>
    <version>0.9.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <build>201802252142</build>

    <output-targets>
      <output-target name="js" version="Ecma5Strict" />
      <output-target name="swf" version="AS3" AIR="14.0" Flash="11.7" />
    </output-targets>
</royale-sdk-description>

but it continues to give the same error.
Maybe this is now a problem in NextGenAS, since the error says to fill "
nextgenas.sdk.editor" in settings.json while it fills
"nextgenas.sdk.framework" but although I put both configs the error still
persists and code intelligence does not work
I think Josh should take a look into this, I'll notify in the nextgenas
issue about this

{
"nextgenas.sdk.editor": "
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Sdks/apache-royale-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT",
"nextgenas.sdk.framework": "
/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Sdks/apache-royale-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT"
}

thanks!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

> [...]

>>>   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>>>   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
>>> implied.
>>>   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>>>   limitations under the License.
>>>
>>> -->
>>> <royale-sdk-description>
>>> <name>Apache Royale</name>
>>> <version>0.9.1</version>
>>> <build>20180208</build>
>>>
>>> *<output-targets>*
>>> *    <output-target name="js" version="Ecma5Strict" />*
>>> *    <output-target name="swf" version="AS3" AIR="14.0" Flash="11.1" />*
>>> *</output-targets>*
>>> </royale-sdk-description>
>>>

>>> the last part "outputs-targets" seems strange to me.. how IDEs do with
>>> this? what should do VSCode?
>>>
>>> For me, right now VSCode can handle official 0.9.1 and the same happens

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: maven royale distribution no longer works, but current release seems not to be a valid SDK

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>>   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>>   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>>   limitations under the License.
>>
>> -->
>> <royale-sdk-description>
>> <name>Apache Royale</name>
>> <version>0.9.1</version>
>> <build>20180208</build>
>>
>> *<output-targets>*
>> *    <output-target name="js" version="Ecma5Strict" />*
>> *    <output-target name="swf" version="AS3" AIR="14.0" Flash="11.1" />*
>> *</output-targets>*
>> </royale-sdk-description>
>>

>> the last part "outputs-targets" seems strange to me.. how IDEs do with
>> this? what should do VSCode?
>>
>> For me, right now VSCode can handle official 0.9.1 and the same happens to

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: maven royale distribution no longer works, but current release seems not to be a valid SDK

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

--

Piotr Zarzycki