Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nic Werner <ni...@sonoma.edu> on 2004/03/14 00:55:20 UTC

Tomcat 4 or 5?

Through projects and self-interest I've been using Tomcat 4 a lot more.
While I've looked at the differences, can someone explain to me what the
big differences are in english? I'm under the impression that 4 and 5
are different paths, not just an upgrade of a previous version, is this
true?

Thanks,

- Nic

Re: Tomcat 4 or 5?

Posted by Daniel Savard <ds...@cids.ca>.
Le sam 13/03/2004 à 18:55, Nic Werner a écrit :
> Through projects and self-interest I've been using Tomcat 4 a lot more.
> While I've looked at the differences, can someone explain to me what the
> big differences are in english? I'm under the impression that 4 and 5
> are different paths, not just an upgrade of a previous version, is this
> true?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Nic

I think there was some performance improvements in Tomcat 5 as well.

But you should look at the jakarta.apache.org web site for diffences
between both versions...

Re: Tomcat 4 or 5?